Monday, August 4, 2014

Grammy and Grampy's 60th Wedding Anniversary



This week the boys and I drove to Utah to go to Grammy and Grampy's 60th wedding anniversary celebration.  Cyd hosted a really fun party for the whole family on Friday night.  I'm so glad we were able to make it.  

Nathan had to stay in LA for school so MoPa drove out with us SUPER early wednesday morning- thank goodness!  There's no way I could have survived the drive (and the entire trip) without his help.
Moses was in heaven from the minute we pulled up to Gram's house.  He played with Nico and Sienna all wednesday evening.  



On thursday morning we stopped by Grandma and Grandpa Cooks so they could meet Des and Avery for the first time.  Both the babies (massive babies I might add) were passed out in their car seats almost the entire time; pretty cute.  We spent the rest of Thursday with Cam, Meag, and the girls up at Sundance.  We got suckers and played on the grass while we waited for Shannon and Teesh to meet up with us.  We rode the chair lift with the kids.  Mose loved it.  Des, not so much... He screamed the entire way up and finally fell asleep going back down thanks to MoPa rocking the car seat.  Afterwards we all went back to Gram' s and ate burgers for dinner in the backyard.







I took the boys to eat breakfast at Kneaders with Tawni friday morning.  Her little Owen just turned three months and I was dying to see him.  Such a sweet little boy.  I have to say, trying to eat out with both the boys was a terrible idea- a ruckus the entire time.  Between the screaming and the food flinging I didn't get to talk to Tawn much but it was so so good to see her.  Can't believe she's a mama!  After breakfast we headed to BYU with Cam's family and then ate lunch up the canyon at vivian park.  There are few places as gorgeous as Provo Canyon in the summer!  Summer in Utah makes me want to move back... but then I remember the 7 month winters I spent there for 10 years and I appreciate living 10 minutes from the Ocean in perfect weather year round. 



Friday night was the best.  Aside from Nathan, our entire family was able to go to the party.  I learned a lot about Grammy and Grampy from the quiz Cyd made.  I had no idea that Grampy paid for their honey with gambling winnings he won on the Nevada side of Lake Tahoe.  Or that Grams mom used to flip the porch lights on and off when Grampy would walk her to the door (Grams mom called it Morris Code! Haha)  Before friday, it had been years since all of my siblings were together.  We had some good laughs.  I wish we got together more often.  I miss hanging out with my family- there's nothing quite like spending time with your own peeps!  We all got to meet Lin's boyfriend Marlo- we like him:)  Afterwards, our immediate family went back to Grams to hang out for a few minutes before Lin had to head back to Nephi.  It was hard to say goodbye since we all know it will be awhile before we get back together again.  Love my family!  


MoPa and I decided we'd leave at 3 in the morning on Saturday so the boys would be sleeping the majority of the time.  On friday night Moses started screaming at midnight so we decided to leave right then- if we're going to be up we might as well be driving- so we drove through the night.  It was rough!  We got so tired that we started laughing so hard at everything.  It was actually kind of awesome.  Luckily we had our Diet Cokes and candies to make it through.  It was nice to come home to Nathan after a long night!

No comments:

Post a Comment